Chinese Medicine Health Tips
Chinese Medicine places a strong emphasis on health maintenance with a holistic philosophy that includes prevention, nutrition and patient education. In order to avoid disease states that result from suboptimal habits of lifestyle such as stress and poor diet as well as external factors such as environmental toxins, Chinese Medicine provides remedies to returning the body to a state of long-term healing and wellness.
Some ways to adjust the body include:
- Eliminate dairy products; they cause mucus build-up in the body or what is called dampness in Chinese Medicine..
- Eat all of your food cooked. By lightly cooking the food you make it easier to digest and easier for the body to absorb the nutrients from the food. Raw foods are energetically cold and damage our digestion over time.
- Eat plenty of “living foods”, such as fresh produce. Avoid packaged, processed foods.
- Eat root crops in the winter (carrots, potatoes, turnips, etc.) and more leafy vegetables in the spring.
- If you feel that your life is out of balance, stop what you are doing, begin to take a few deep, slow breaths, relax your mind and body as you breathe. Find ways to simplify your life so that you can focus on what is really important to you.
- Exercise regularly in a manner appropriate for your health, age and condition.
- Strive to be content and in balance with your world.
- Take responsibility for your health; how you eat, how you sleep, how you work and how you spend your leisure.
Ask yourself: If you only had six months to live, what would you do? Then begin to do it.