Meditation changes your brain. It slows down your brain wave pattern and when this happens you take stress off the body and increase your body’s natural ability to heal itself. There are many ways to meditate, the trick is to find a meditation practice that will work for you. The more consistent you are with meditation the better the health benefits will be.
- Lowers blood pressure
- Boosts your immune system
- Stress reduction
- Increases optimism
- Reduction in anxiety
- Improvement in depression
- Lowers pain levels by 40% and pain unpleasantness by 57 % (this result is better than medication which only lowers pain by 25%)
- Lowers stress hormones like cortisol
- Increases gray matter (brain is aging more slowly)
Here is a diagram from the Huffington Post that shows you how meditation works:
If you would like to know more about meditation or would like lessons in how to meditate call for an appointment. I have been meditating for over 25 years and have been teaching meditation for the past 20 years.